Score (on a 6-point scale)4
Rationale for Score
In this section:
- The work shows good use of the elements of design, but the application of 2-D design principles is not always successful. The student’s application of the principles (balance, figure/ground, contrast, and emphasis) is not consistent.
- Some clear decision making in the use of design elements (line, texture, color) and some intention with respect to the application of the principles (rhythm, scale, and proportion) are evident.
- The work shows engagement with experimentation and/or risk taking with point of view, but with uneven success in some of the pieces.
- The work displays confidence in intention but has no engaging evocative qualities.
- Some of the work demonstrates good technical competence and use of materials and media; technical aspects and articulation of ideas do not always work together.