AP Portfolio Score:4
Rationale for Score
This work demonstrates a good understanding of and engagement with drawing issues.
In this quality section:
- Some clear decision making and intention are evident in the rendering of form as well as the use of light and shade and surface manipulation.
- The work demonstrates some purposeful manipulation of the principles of design (emphasis and contrast) in the drawing compositions.
- The work shows engagement with experimentation and risk taking (with the addition of collage elements as mark making), although there is uneven success with composition.
- The work displays confidence in rendering forms but figure/ground relationships are not always considered and, therefore, are not always engaging.
- The work demonstrates good technical competence and use of drawing materials.