AP Portfolio Score:4
Rationale for Score
This work displays a good use of the elements of design and application of 2-D design principles.
In this quality section:
- The work shows good use of the elements of design, but the application of 2-D design principles is not always successful. The student’s application of the principles (balance, figure/ground, and emphasis) is not consistent.
- Some clear decision making in the use of design elements (value, line, texture, color) and some intention with respect to the application of the principles (repetition, balance) are evident.
- The work shows engagement with experimentation and/or risk taking with materials and media, but with uneven success in some of the pieces.
- Some of the work has evocative qualities that engage the viewer, though confidence is not always obvious.
- Some of the work demonstrates good technical competence and use of materials and media; technical aspects and articulation of ideas do not always work together.