AP Portfolio Score:5
Rationale for Score
The works demonstrate an excellent understanding of and engagement with 3-D design issues.
In this quality section:
- A highly successful use of line, shape, value, repetition, rhythm, and proportion/ scale is addressed in these architectural forms.
- Both occupied and unoccupied spaces are considered in an inventive manner (images 1, 3, 4, and 5).
- Technical competence is excellent, and readily available materials—paper, bass-wood sticks, and hot glue sticks—are used expressively.
- The inventive use of glue sticks as lighting or ceiling features (image 3) demonstrates successful experimentation and risk taking.
- The sophisticated understanding of 3-D design issues found in these architectural spaces moves far beyond typical four-wall solutions (images 1, 3, and 4).
- The confident placement of single and clustered paper figure silhouettes engages the viewer with nuanced subtlety, establishes proportion/ scale, and suggests a narrative (images 1 and 3).