AP Portfolio Score:5
Rationale for Score
The variety of works demonstrates an excellent understanding of and engagement with 3-D design issues.
In this breadth section:
- All the work shows an excellent application of 3-D design principles to a broad range of architectural design problems: facades, interiors, exteriors, site-specific rendering, and lighting.
- The work clearly demonstrates original vision, a variety of innovative ideas and risk taking, and inventive compositions with linear rhythms (images 1, 4, 5, and 7) and organic/ inorganic shape contrasts (images 2 and 3).
- The work shows a broad range of intentions (virtual spaces in image 2; large-scale public works in images 2, 5, and 8; small-scale public spaces in images 3 and 8; and domestic housing in image 7) and of compositional approaches, including open and closed, horizontal and vertical, interior and exterior.
- The visual qualities engage the viewer through several different approaches, as in images 3, 4, and 7.
- The construction of each form is technically excellent; materials and media (analogue and digital) are used effectively to express ideas.